Friday, September 30, 2005

RudyardWords

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drugs used by mankind."
-Rudyard Kipling

I would concur.

And I recently asked a friend of mine how he felt about Kipling's quote. A full-fledged challenge/response hit my inbox not long after:

"So I was sitting at work reading about B-cell activation, differentiation, and proliferation, and I thought of another side of the words v. drugs argument. This is purely logistical, and somewhat argumentitive, but here goes: Words are the most powerful drug effecting society not just because of their long lasting/profound effects on people, but also because so many more people take in words than take in drugs.

So here's what we'll do: You keep on taking in words, and I'll starting taking in equal amounts of drugs, say one dose per conversation you have in a given day, and we'll see who's life is effected more. I started this morning, so you'll need to catch up catch up."





.MGW.